This is a copy of a blog that has been originally published here.
I will be taking part in the SAP Community Global Running Day, an event kick started by Phil Cooley in Melbourne. While Phil had the initial idea, DJ Adams has added an option to meet in Manchester and join Phil’s initiative. You can find their respective blog posts here + some more that have shown up too:
- SAP Community Global Running Day In Melbourne – Wednesday 1st June 2022
- SAP Community Global Running Day in Manchester – Wednesday 1st June 2022
- SAP Community Global Running Day in Mannheim – Wednesday 1st June 2022
- SAP Community Global Running Day in Philadelphia – Wednesday 1st June 2022
- Global Running Day with SAP Community – in Galway, Ireland – Wednesday 1st June 2022
- Join the team initiated by Phil via this link.
- Optionally, join Phil in Melbourne or DJ in Manchester or me in Walldorf running together on that day. Below, I mimic Phil’s and DJ’s approach and describe when and where to meet if you happen to be near Walldorf on that day.
Meet-Up in WalldorfYou can join me on a 5.5k run through the forest, just behind SAP’s training centre (WDF05), if you want. Similar to Phil and DJ, the outline would be the following:
- When: Wed, 1st June 2022, 8:00am, starting then at 8:10.
- Where: behind WDF05, at the fountain near the “Dino Eggs” (see photo below), next to the tennis courts
- Who: whoever likes to run with us
- Pace: “We’ll go at the pace of the steadiest runner” [DJ]
Running route for June 1st.
Meeting point: fountain near the Dino Eggs.
We will mostly run on this type of trail.
At halftime, we will hit the Hochholzer See.
On the way back from the lake, we will run along the line-up of planets.
This is the finish line, leaving the forest just behind WDF19.
Finally: Thomas + Katrin + Addi running on 1st June.